Notice: Updating

OoC announcements and messages from the staff to you, the players.
DivineST
Storyteller
Storyteller

Notice: Updating

Post by DivineST » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:22 pm

We will be attempting to update the phpBB forum version we are using.

This will result in a different appearance, and may take some time. Please bear with us while we sort through it to get everything up-to-date.

Thanks
~ DivineST
"And what is the potential man, after all? Is he not the sum of all that is human? Divine, in other words?" - Henry Miller

DivineST
Storyteller
Storyteller

Re: Notice: Updating

Post by DivineST » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:40 pm

Update successful!

I am currently working on a theme that will return us to darker colors for the sake of a more familiar look. Please bear with the default while I tinker with some code and trial-and-error my way to a workable theme.

Thank you!

Edit: I have a theme! I know there are still things that need to be toyed with - I want to try to get the alternating backgrounds of posts in a thread to a darker color, for one. However, like I said before, it is kind of trial-and-error for me, since I'm modifying a theme.

If anyone would like to lend some suggestions, you're welcome to do so!

I have been going through and trying to fix a couple of things, too - our [OoC=] tag got broken, so I've had to replace posts I know had it, like character profiles. I'll stop using white for NPC dialogue, too; if you would actually like me to go through and change the dialogue colors for a scene, let me know and I will see what I can do.

However, since we are updated, there are some new things we can do! Yay!

For one, you can link accounts. This is more useful for me, as ST, but for the couple of you who have a second PC, you can link the two accounts together now and move between them without logging out and logging back in. You need the password for both of the accounts, but it's relatively easy. You can find Linked Accounts under its own tab in the UCP.

AND you can now 'tag' people in a scene! Use the [user] tag with the person's username in between the tags, and it will notify them that they have been mentioned/tagged somewhere and link them to the scene. It's important to note that you need to include their username as it is displayed - if they use a First Name-Last Name username, you have to include both, but it's still a nifty thing.
"And what is the potential man, after all? Is he not the sum of all that is human? Divine, in other words?" - Henry Miller

DivineST
Storyteller
Storyteller

Post by DivineST » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:45 pm

I'm still tinkering with the theme of the forums. Again, if you have any suggestions or requests, please let me know.

Today I edited everyone's character profiles. Because of the way the [OoC] tag had to be rewritten, you can't have more than one in the same post - doing so will open the first tag, regardless of which OoC tag you're trying to display. So, I cut out the 'Known History' and 'OoC Notes' sections of everyone's profiles and added them as a reply so I could remove the OoC tag for 'Known History' without adding bulk to the main, linked profile itself.

I changed the poster of those replies to their relevant PC account so you can edit them. Which reminds me: don't forget to update your profiles! Both the general profile itself and the 'Known History' segment, at the very least.

I have also figured out how to use FontAwesome icons for the customBBCodes we have:
  • is the Mention tag
  • is the Center tag
  • is the OoC tag
  • is the Strikethrough tag
  • is the ST tag (for my bolded, colored text I tend to use in formatting)
  • is the in-line Spoiler tag
  • is the Tab (indent) tag
  • is the stylized Warning tag

DivineST
Storyteller
Storyteller

Post by DivineST » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:12 am

I temporarily broke our OoC tag, but I have fixed it! Huzzah!

Fixed it to the point where it now allows multiple iterations of the OoC tag in a post again. Double huzzah!

Also, I've added [anchor] and [goto] tags, which are more useful for me - given I build some lengthy threads with tables of content and all - but can be used by you, too! Notably, I've been injecting them into people's Known History posts on profiles, at least for those who have updated and have lengthy entries in the season recaps.

I'm still tinkering with things, so let me know if there's something that isn't working right for you or if you have a suggestion.