OoC announcements and messages from the staff to you, the players.
DivineST
Storyteller
Storyteller

Server Migration Notification

Post by DivineST » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:42 am

Hey all;

I have received an email from our host notifying of a server migration in the next few weeks. This is not immediate and I will let you know when I jave a firm timeline on when it will be happening for us, specifically, but I wanted to toss up a heads-up notice so that people are aware.

There will be some downtime when the migration starts, so I'll try to give you all forward notice the soonest I know when this domain will be serviced.

Extensive backups will be made on my end, just to be safe, regardless.

Should you have questions or concerns, please PM or email me.

Thanks!
"And what is the potential man, after all? Is he not the sum of all that is human? Divine, in other words?" - Henry Miller

DivineST
Storyteller
Storyteller

Re: Server Migration Notification

Post by DivineST » Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:36 pm

An update on this: We are scheduled to be migrated on Monday, 6 April 2020. They do not anticipate downtime or service issues, but I am putting this up so that all of you are aware this will be happening and when.

If you experience any issues at that time, please let me know so I can forward the issue to them.
"And what is the potential man, after all? Is he not the sum of all that is human? Divine, in other words?" - Henry Miller

DivineST
Storyteller
Storyteller

Post by DivineST » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:38 pm

We have successfully migrated.

If you experience any issues or receive any errors, please let me know as soon as possible, so I may determine whether something went wrong with the migration - and take it up with the host for a potential backup - or if there is something wonky with the phpBB installation itself.

Thank you!

DivineST
Storyteller
Storyteller

Post by DivineST » Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:48 pm

Just a reminder to you all to please let me know if you experience any issues with the boards, be it something missing, loading issues, whatever. It's very important that I know sooner rather than later, so if you experience anything amiss, please try to log what it is and let me know! If it's throwing an error code at you, copy down the notation and send it to me; if it stops loading or crashes for you, let me know the date/time this happens; etc.

Thanks, guys!