A Formal Introduction

OoC announcements and messages from the staff to you, the players.
PrimalST
Narrator

A Formal Introduction

Post by PrimalST » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:52 pm

Hello from the new guy!

I was asked a little while ago if I would be interested in assisting with the task of coming up with and running plots for all of you. I have nudged one or two of you for things I am aware of and I have taken over a relevant NPC for another, but I wanted to make a formal post saying hi and letting you guys know about my style, on top of asking something of each of you. So here goes.... Hi!

My style of storytelling leans towards the dark and gritty sides of the World of Darkness -my take on the WoD is dark, tragic and can be lethal if you don't use your head; I'm a huge fan of common sense, which often gets forgotten amid the wonder of the possibilities that exist in MtA. However I like the wide array of avenues available for exploration that exists within the Mage setting.

So what does this mean for you? It's pretty simple: I'm not afraid to put your character through the emotional, physical and mental wringer to see where they break and how badly; I also commend smart play and common sense. What you can expect from me is to arrange a series of circumstances -or a single instance if that's all it takes- that will make your character take a long, hard look at themselves to determine if they like what they see, be it through exploiting a weakness or by putting them in a situation where they are staring the consequences of their actions in the face.

What I would like and appreciate from every single one of you is a list or brief description of certain events, people and traits of your character and their past that have been left open-ended, have caused a significant and affecting change in the character or could make things difficult for a character socially, mentally or physically. These things could be minor, major, personal or anything in between; if you have something you would like to have explored during the game then send it my way.

I will do what I can to ensure everyone gets to explore parts of their character they want to, and I'll try to make things interesting by having you explore parts you don't even know you want to explore.

So grab your hats and rope and send me some PMs. Lets create stories.
"The world is full of magic things, patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper." ― W.B. Yeats