Availability 2013-2014

OoC announcements and messages from the staff to you, the players.
DivineST
Storyteller
Storyteller

Re: Availability

Post by DivineST » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:31 pm

I am working on detailing some additional mechanics, shifting things to accommodate the long-term issues we have encountered, and generally filling out other places that have sat vacant or held by placeholders for a while, as well as compiling questions and answers to try to provide information that has been needed and add transparency to the way things are or have been done!

However, I would like some help, if I may! There is a lot of flavor to the Revised era, and various areas therein that can help set the mood for someone new to the edition, or to set an overtone for entering into mage life or the world of Mage the Ascension in the Revised era. If you would like to, you could certainly take an area and write about it and send it to me to help fill this new area in the introduction section out! Doing so would grant you some additional experience for helping the Staff and providing resources.

I am also wanting to add in bits and pieces about the large, game-wide history that has occurred over, well, nearing two years, so that incoming players could have an idea of the sorts of things that have occurred within the game. If you would like to, you could write up something concerning some of the big plots you have been involved in or observed and send it to me to help with this! Again, this would net you some additional experience for helping staff and providing resources, and you'd get the gratitude of the Staff for helping.

There are other ways an individual could help, if you would be interested in doing so, and you can take a look around at the various areas of the board to take note of things missing, stuff in need of being updated or replaced, or whathaveyou, and even if something you suggest or present is not used you would still be given some experience for providing help and such.

No help is required! This is just me asking you as individuals if you would contribute to these projects if you would like to; there is no mandatory 'you have to do this', there is no hindering disadvantage to not providing any aid in this manner. Any and all help or volunteers for working on things would be appreciated however.

Thanks guys!
"And what is the potential man, after all? Is he not the sum of all that is human? Divine, in other words?" - Henry Miller

DivineST
Storyteller
Storyteller

Post by DivineST » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:55 am

In addition to stuff asked about in the above post, I have tagged all of my threads! All Downtimes, all scenes, all experience spends that have their necessary requisites, everything has been tagged!

Vigilum Nox, I finally poked that plot thread - so sorry about the delay there, I needed something from someone and didn't get it until recently. But that's moving so if you can please either PM me or post something in your Archives for me to link to the scene via your timeline, we can get that hashed out so ya'll can get your ball rolling.

If anyone needs anything or I have forgotten something, please PM me!
"And what is the potential man, after all? Is he not the sum of all that is human? Divine, in other words?" - Henry Miller

DivineST
Storyteller
Storyteller

Post by DivineST » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:49 pm

Write-Ups have been added for things most of you have been spoken with about individually! Please take a look, and if there is something you would like to consider shifting around in relation to the Specialized Ability introduction, by all means just PM me and we can discuss changes to be considered for your sheet.

Thanks!

DivineST
Storyteller
Storyteller

Post by DivineST » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:35 am

I have updated and processed all experience spend requests and I believe I have tagged all scenes that are explicitly waiting on me except VN's plot scene (getting to that, guys! Dice rolling, ahoy!). If I missed something, please PM me.

I have also added a post concerning character subforums (where your sheets and details are found), with the breakdown of what's where and how we'd like you all to use these; the subforums have been implemented to help lessen the influx of PMs all over the place and to make finding stuff after the fact easier too. Please take a look!

Primal and I are debating over what other subforums, both as locations and as record-keeping/organization, could be useful or may be necessary to help with the intended goal of making things easier to find all around, so if you have any suggestions please either PM me or post them in the OoC section of the boards! Even if you would like a specific one made just for you/your subforum, let me know and I can make that happen.

In case you haven't noticed, the boards have been rearranged in such a way that more of Providence proper is actually represented; we didn't have a very fair spread of the city before (we were missing most of the northwestern section!), but all of the neighborhoods are on here now! If you have a location you would like to see, please let me know what, where, and other details and I can add it.

Thanks!

DivineST
Storyteller
Storyteller

Post by DivineST » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:38 pm

I'm still getting people processed and ready to go, and I'm beginning to tally up the weekly things for experience just so that the whole mess of it doesn't take quite so long to do this time around, but I wanted to let you guys know a few things!

1: I have set up an AIM screenname explicitly for game-things. With this name, I can keep records of game-related conversations and off-board scenes with NPCs separate from my personal social conversations, and I can address questions and the like through that. In addition, if I am online on the ST screenname, then that means I am on the boards doing administrative stuff and not just playing around with some NPCs and thus am able to tend to questions and shenanigans! If you have AIM and would like to add this username for separation of records, I will add you too if you send me an IM at the ST username and I will add you too!

This username is: MtA.ExMiscellanea

2: Experience for the month of March will be done Monday the 31st at 10:00PM EST. All spend requests you have with your current experience should be posted before then, and the sooner the better! They will be processed as they are posted (as they come up in my notifications), but all will be done at the time experience is processed if they are not reached before then.

3: I am still working on flavor posts and such, and thank you so much to those of you who have already sent me things to review. I really appreciate the help you all are volunteering! An especially huge thank you to TPO Benji for keeping up with history notes and the like; I'm still looking those over, but it's super-awesome that you've done those for me! Thank you all!

4: With the arrival of an entire cabal of mages, the population chart needs a good looking-over, as most of the available options have been capped! I'm looking for and welcoming of suggestions in regard to which Traditions make the most sense to bump up for greater options, due to the makeup of the game, the history of the chantry itself, and the location! Any and all suggestions and thoughts will be considered and appreciated.

5: An optional cabal information template has been provided for an OoC means to communicate information about a given cabal and their endeavors that could be considered in-character by members of the chantry. This is wholly optional but could help with expanding on what a given cabal does in practice, what they have done, and to help with finding individuals who either suit your needs or interests. This could also help present some IC understanding of matters that are ongoing and plots in need of attention, though I believe our Sentinels are working on a more in-character means of establishing such as well. This is wholly optional, though! The usual blurb about the cabal and a list of its members will still be presented on the Chantry Hierarchy list just for the sake of quick reference.

Thank you all for what help that has been given, and stay awesome!

DivineST
Storyteller
Storyteller

Post by DivineST » Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:48 am

The population list has been updated, and some of the cap numbers have been bumped up to allow for a more even distribution of Traditions. I'm still accepting suggestions and conversation on the merits of raising the cap on some Traditions over others, if you feel inclined to put forward a suggestion or two.

All experience requests and downtimes have also been tagged and similarly updated up to the time of this post. If you have any downtimes you'd like to put in, or scenes you'd like to have with an NPC, please start a thread in your Downtimes or Archives (respectively) and post a link to it in the 'Threads for Staff' section of the OoC Forums with a note indicating which Staff member you'd like to poke at it.

We've had some shuffling around due to people leaving and others coming back, so bear with me while I straighten out some timelines and story-based things reflecting these absences and returns.

Thank you guys!